Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Monday!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all my mommy readers! I hope you had a great and blessed day with your children, grandchildren and families. Our weekend was nice, but busy!

Saturday afternoon we went to my friend Connie's wedding. It was a lovely wedding and I am so honored that we got to be a witness of her union with Michael. They are a great couple and I can't wait to see how they will grow together throughout the years! The reception was really fun! I got into the dancing (gee..imagine that!!) and didn't let my 3-inch wedge heels slow me down. That is, until we were dancing to "Cotton-Eye Joe". I did a turn and was coming around, and my foot missed the floor and I fell right on my butt, in the middle of the dance floor! It was really funny, I'm sure it was even funnier to witness. But I was quickly helped up and just kept right on dancing. (However, the shoes came off very quickly after that!) I felt fine, until I got into bed that night and I said to Steven "I think that fall hurt worse than I originally thought it did!" He said, "I bet it did, you went down hard!" But Connie looked sooo beautiful! Her dress was PERFECT for her, it was a creamy lace dress, which was perfect for her red-headed skin tone! It was a great afternoon/evening and I'm glad we could be a part of it! I'm sure they are having a great time in Hawaii right now (they are island hopping, I'm so jealous!) and I can't wait to see her when she gets back. Here are some pics from the reception. Every picture I tried to take at the wedding were too dark!

The Newlyweds

The first dance

 The wedding party- they kept it simple: her brother and his wife and his sister and cousin. 
 The beautiful (and delicious!) cake and cake topper. I LOVE that topper!

 Preparing to cut the cake-isn't the apron a cute idea? Although she didn't need it-Michael was very nice! (To Connie at least-he ran over and smeared cake into his sister's face instead! It was pretty funny!)

 The candy bar. All the kids loved this! (I won't lie-I loved it too!!)
 This was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. This is their family tree: his in the purple and hers in the blue. As a genealogy freak I loved this!

 Myself and the lovely bride

Sunday morning I woke up a little sore, but I felt ok. Until I was changing Micah's diaper. I was leaning over the bed and was changing him and then went to put the diaper in the pail and went back to put Micah back on our bed. And then I couldn't stand up straight. Some of you know that I have a form of Spina Bifida in my lower back and I must have joustled something real good, because I was in real pain. Luckily my mom was home (Steven was already at church for PSR) and she came up and took over! She ran me a hot bubble bath (using the bubbles that my hubby and kids had gotten me for Mother's Day!) and then took the kids to eat breakfast and helped me get them ready for church. I'm so lucky she could be here because I wouldn't have made it to church if it wasn't for her!

So I spent most of the day in pain, but it was still a good day. My kiddos got me bubble bath (milk and honey-yummy!), jewelry (a cream and shades of gray pearl necklace, bracelet and earrings) and a really cute tunic top (which I thought was a dress and I thought that my husband had gone crazy because it was SOOOOO short! LOL!) and a bag of Swedish fish (one of my favorite candies). My mom got me some Daliahs to plant in the flower bed outside and I can't wait til it warms up so that I can get them in the ground! We spent the evening at Steven's aunt and uncle's house with that side of the family, while my mom enjoyed a quiet evening at home with Michael watching movies and eating pasta! (Afterall, she's with my kids all the time! The best gift we could give her is a quiet evening to herself right?!?!?!)

All in all it was a great weekend! I am such a lucky mommy to have these three amazing and beautiful children! They make my heart happy and have shown me what it really means to love someone with all your heart and soul. (Even on their worst day!) I am so greatful that God saw fit to give them to me, even on the days when I don't feel I am doing my best. He knows how much I needed them and I'm thankful that he chose me to be their mother! Again, happy belated Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! I hope it was great!

No comments: