Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

One of the best (and hardest) things about Christmas is all of the different celebrations we have to try to work into our schedule, and still stay sane. Amazingly this year we did this without totally loosing our minds, which says to me 7 years and 3 kids later we are finally getting our groove!

Christmas Eve is always spent with Steven's mom's side of the family. We get together at Grandma and Grandpa's house for food, presents and lots and lots of laughs. This year we didn't do a name exchange with this side which made my life a little easier I think!

Jonah with his "fairy godmother" Kristi

Sam playing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" on the ukulele.

GaGa Kim (Steven's mom) with the kids in their new Christmas jammies.

The kids with Steven's grandparents

All the Ruschell grandchildren, minus Keith and his new wife Tara and daughter Morgan.

By the end of the night Micah was all tuckered out! This was taken before we had even left the driveway!! 


We got home and put the kids to bed, and then started getting everything under the tree. Chris and his partner, Josh had arrived from DC while we were gone so it was nice to spend a few hours with them while we put together the new train for the tree and other gifts. We went to bed around 1:30, and the miracle of all miracles occurred....the kids didn't wake us up until 9!!!! Yippee! I love my children!

Jonah's gift from Santa.

Bri's gift from Santa.

Micah loved his Santa gift, a new ball pit!
Our new Polar Express Christmas train. This was fun to watch the kids play with!

Opening our new HD TV from mom. Christopher bought us Apple TV to go with it, which I am LOVING!!! I had never heard of it, but I am so now on the Apple bandwagon! lol!

Jonah in Micah's new crawling tunnel.

There were lots of laughs and smiles on Christmas day!

Playing cards with Papa Chip. It looks like Christmas threw up all over our house in the background!   
Christmas night we get together with Steven's dad's side of the family. This year was really different with the sudden death of his uncle David, but we are so greatful to have his dad back in his life again, and in our kids lives, after many years of absence. Unfortunately, Micah was running a fever and was very unhappy so I stayed home with him while they went to visit the Waugamans. They came home very happy and very tired! 
Yesterday my Nana and Aunt Stacey and cousin Kenzy drove down from Indiana to visit for a few hours while Chris was in town. We are getting together with this family on New Years' Day but Chris won't be here so they drove down to see him for a while. It was great to see them! Then last night we got together with Steven's stepdad's side of the family. We always do a white elephant gift exchange with them, which can always be quite interesting. The same hat has shown up at the exchange for the past 4 or 5 years now I think! It'll be back next year, I guarantee it! 

The Fischer clan, minus Mike and Sarah and little Katie Rose, who were at home sick! ;-(
New year's day we have one more Christmas to go to and then we're done until next year. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a productive week recovering and preparing for your New Years celebrations!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas day filled with family, friends, and fun. I love the photos of the kids in their pajamas. And I'm so jealous of the 9 a.m. wake up!
I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Elle said...

I envy your busy Christmas. Mine was dull. I actually was really glad when it was over because of how lonely it was. I wish we had people in our life that cared about us. Seems like you have those people. What a blessing that is.