Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gettin' Crafty (for Kaysi!!!)

Ever since I talked about getting my Cricuit Expressions machine for Christmas my friend Kaysi has been asking me to post pictures of what I'm doing with it. So far, I've mainly used it to make cards.
Like this one that I made for my mom after her trip to Las Vegas:

Or this one I've made for, well, I won't say in case they read the blog (I'm not sure if they do or not :P)

I've also made one scrapbook page so far for Jonah's album. I'll be making a duplicate of this layout for Micah's album. (I'm soooo far behind in my scrapbooking right now!)


But the thing I am most excited about is what I made last night. I have found so much inspiration from Kaysi's craft blog. I was looking around yesterday, not only at her adorable crafts, but at the links she has. I found so many St. Patty's day crafts. Now, my mom was always the queen of decorating for every holiday. But I've never really decorated for St. Patty's day. So I thought, well, why not use some of this inspiration, and my wonderful Cricuit and make a St. Patty's day decoration for our entertainment center. So here is what I came up with:


Here's a close up of each letter:





These are corkboards that I had that were almost perfect 12 x 12. (Our entertainment center is big and they needed to be able to be seen!) I used 4 coordinating green papers. I didn't have any St. Pat's papers, but it worked out well! All letters and embelishments were cut using the Cricuit (George Basic shapes cartridge). The letters are 7 1/2", the flowers 2", the hearts for the Shamrocks on the "L" are 2 1/2", and the hearts for the Shamrocks on the "C" are 2". Then I just added buttons, ric-rac, ribbons and brads. Next time I think I might try to do something with more 3D dimension, but I was very happy with my first crafty endevour with my Cricuit! I've now been bitten by the craft bug (Thanks Kays!) I think the next craft is a new St. Patty's day wreath for the front door! I'm linking this post up to the St. Patty's Day Link Party at Craftaholics Annoymous. Head over and check out all the awesome St. Patty's Day crafts and get inspired!



3 comments:

Kaysi said...

I LOVE all of it! It look so great! I really like the luck, that cork board sounds really cool. I so badly want a cricut and this isn't helping :). I'm so glad that you enjoyed looking at the links, they are a lot of amazing people out there.

Becky said...

I love those! I am wanting a Cricuit so badly! Thankfully I have a friend who lets me come over whenever so I can use hers!

I love crafty things!

God Bless!

Becky @ A Loved Wife

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Turned out so cute!! You did a great job. I'll have to look for cork board now!
Happy St. Patty's Day!
Linda