Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Our Christmas was great, although very busy like always! We spent Christmas Eve with Steven's family at his Grandma and Grandpa's house. It's always a very crazy, very loud scene, but it was good. We found out that his cousin Keith proposed to his girlfriend earlier that day, and they are looking at a wedding sometime next October! Yea! I really like Tara and her daughter Morgan, and I'm very glad they will officially be part of the family now. We left the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's with Steven's mom and went to Christmas Eve mass. This year it started at 11 pm instead of midnight, which was a change, but it was still wonderful like always. There is just something special about ringing in Christmas Day in church. It's just so peaceful and exciting, all at the same time.


The happy couple, Tara and Keith




Micah with Aunt Shelly



Christmas Day started around 9 am (I know..but when the kids don't get home and into bed until 1 am, things start a little later than usual!!!) We opened presents with mom and the boys, and dad. Chris was able to make it in the day before Christmas Eve, and it was great to have him with us! The first present that was opened (besides Santa gifts, because we ask Santa not to wrap our gifts!) was a Wii for Steven. I say it was for Steven, but the kids love it just as much as he does (and that's saying something!) After we had opened the Wii and all the little accessories, everyone else started unwrapping with a furry! It was a great time watching the kids open their gifts. Bri and Jonah are at an age where Christmas is so magical, so it was really fun to watch them! Micah wasn't interested in opening presents but he got a lot of fun toys that he actually really enjoys playing with so that was really fun too!

Steven opening his Wii. He was sooo surprised!

Opening my new Cricut Expressions machine. I was very surprised too! I can't wait to start crafting!!!

We spent Christmas Day just hanging out and enjoying each others company. There was a lot of Wii being played! It was a great morning. Around 6 Steven's dad's family came over and we had Christmas with them. They're always really fun, and it was fun to host something at our house for a change! It gets hard to pack up all of the kids and go around to see everyone, it's so much easier when they can come here sometimes!!!

The day after Christmas we packed up the car and drove to Indiana to visit my Nana and have Christmas with my mom's family. Once again, there were lots of little kids so it was very loud, but they had a blast and it was fun to be together since we don't get to see them that often. Definately not as often as we would like to.

Micah with my cousin Trey at my Nana's

Today I am cleaning. We have laundry coming out the wazoo (what else is new) and there are new toys everywhere, but unlike other times, I'm not sweating it! Christmas is still around for a while longer, and I think I'll enjoy it while it's here!

Merry Christmas to you all! I hope it was blessed and wonderful!

4 comments:

Kaysi said...

You got a CriCut??? I so want one!!! That is awesome. You should post some pictures of the crafts that you do with it! Glad to see you had a great Christmas!

Kori said...

Looks like a blast! My mom has one and loves it!

Hampers said...

Nice blog. glad to see that you had a great time on Christmas. It was nice going through your blog. Happy Living. Enjoy your life to the utmost level of satisfaction and enjoyment. Have a great new Year.

Megan said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family! Sounds perfect to me!!