Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our Big Weekend

We had a very busy, but absolutely wonderful weekend. It started Saturday evening with family night at the zoo for Steven's company. They closed the zoo at 5 pm and the only ones allowed in were employees of Steven's company, their families and friends that they brought. It was so cool to be in the zoo after hours, even though it was still really crowded. The kids had a blast, and we took Steven's mom and dad with us, so that was really fun. It had been a long time since we had been to the zoo, and with as animal crazy as our Jonah is he was on cloud nine the whole time. We were there from 5 until 9 pm, and they were so excited we couldn't even stop to eat. We didn't eat dinner until about 9:30 that night...making for some very hungry, very tired, but very happy kiddos!!!

I'm getting me one of these signs made up for our front door! I think it would be hilarious!

Then on Sunday, we had the oppurtunity to have Micah baptized. It took place at St. Joe's after mass. We had lots of family there with us and it was all wonderful! Micah did really good, until it came time for the actual baptism part and then he started crying. I thought it was pretty funny because he likes to get his hair washed, I thought the baptism wouldn't bother him but it did! But he did well overall.

This is Deacon Tim Schabell. He also baptized Jonah (who he almost baptized as Noah...LOL!)

Jonah's shirt was pulled up in all the family pictures! Go figure!!

These are Micah's godparents- his aunt Michelle and our friend George.

Everyone that joined us at the church! Lots of family (mainly Steven's!) and our friend George's wife and children.

After the ceremony we had everyone back to our house for a party. My mom made mostacolli with homemade sauce that was sooo good, but we ended up making WAY too much! No kidding, we have probably two or three nights worth of dinners in the freezer right now! But I'm not complaining...makes for an easy dinner on a busy night! :) We also got to watch the Bengals beat Green Bay for the first time in years so that was really exciting! Who-dey!!!

I spent most of the day on Saturday decorating the cake. My original plan (using the Wilton cross pan) had to be scratched at the store because I couldn't find the pan. So I used a half sheet cake pan that I covered with buttercream icing (homemade! YUMMO!) and then I decorated it with little baby feet and a scallop edge and icing roses. It turned out so cute, and everyone said it tasted really good, even though I wasn't thrilled with the taste. If anyone has a recipe for a yellow cake that they like...please let me know :)

It was such a wonderful day and I am so thankful for my family and for our wonderful new addition! May God continue to watch over you, Micah, and may He guide you in all the things that you do with your life. Know how much we love you and how happy we are that you are here with our family!


2 comments:

Who We Are... said...

congrats little Micah! How precious.

Megan said...

How exciting! What a sweet little boy! You have such a precious family!