Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mommy...Wow! I'm a big boy now!

Well, not quite but getting closer! That's right, my big boy is potty training and boy did I forget how exhausting this is! He's been pretty close for a while, interested in using the potty, having some days where he's done really well, etc. So last night I went to Wally World (aka Walmart) and bought the boy some big boy training pants. No, not Pull-ups. I happen to be anti-Pull-ups. I really don't think they are very different from diapers so I go old school with the padded training pants from Gerber. Today is the first day wearing them and so far we are 1 for 3 (1 successful potty run, 2 wet pants!) Good thing I bought 6 pairs, but I don't know if it's going to be enough! He peed on the playroom floor a little while ago (I'm sooo glad that it's vinyl!!!) so that was fun to clean up (but I am armed with lots of paper towels and Clorox multi-purpose cleaning spray!!! LOL!)

There is nothing cuter in the world to me than little toddler butts in training pants! So, being the scrapbooker that I am I had to take pictures of course!

If you're wondering about the scratches on his face in the top picture- he took a face dive off of the swings on the swing set that my mom bought for them over the weekend last night. He was "flying" on his stomach and bam! Face first into the dirt! But he was ok, which was evident when he started saying that a popsicle would help him feel better! LOL! So funny!

And of course I can't leave out Bri and Micah from this post! Brianna is excited that she gets to go try out dance classes on Saturday at a local dance studio. I was calling around to find out prices, schedules, etc. and one of them said she could come try it out on Saturday to see if she liked it! She is always dancing around this house and I thought this would be a great thing for her to get to do since we aren't sending her to preschool this year. I'm going to be the bragging mom for a minute, but she is just so advanced I don't want to bore her with preschool. Instead I am going to do some homeschooling with her this year with Kindergarten level material and see how she does. I think she's more than ready and I'm excited to try this out with her. It's not "officially" homeschooling since she's not technically school age yet (drat those late birthdays!!), but we'll be working through the skills that they learn in Kindergarten. So dance class will be good for some social interaction. And then of course, there is always sunday school at church for that too! And we have a playgroup that we're going to be attending on Wednesdays so I think she's going to get plenty of socialization (as if that's EVER been a problem for my child!!!)


Micah is growing like an absolute weed! He is FINALLY fitting into "normal" clothes (0-3 month, instead of newborn or premie) which is good since he's almost 2 months old. We had an appointment the other day and he is 9 pounds 12 ounces! He was 5 pounds 12 ounces when we left the hospital so he has gained 4 pounds in 2 months! You go boy! He's starting to get chunky checks which I LOVE!!! He's also starting to smile at people, and coo, and he does great with belly time, although he tends to fall asleep- he loves to sleep on his belly (he's just like his mommy and his brother!), which I know is a no-no, but I feel like if I'm awake and near him to watch for any problems it's not as bad as putting him on his belly at night when we're all sleeping! (can you see how I'm trying to justify this?!?!?!) So, all in all he's doing great! He goes on the 9th for his first set of vaccinations (sniff! Sniff!) but I know he'll do great!


Ok, well, sorry for the longer post but it's been a while since I've updated and just wanted to let you know what's been going on here. I'll try to be better- and I'll post about Bri's dance class on Saturday (and maybe even some pics if I can get them without crying!!! My little girl is growing up!!!!)

1 comment:

Anna said...

yes it is homeschooling! It all counts! and I am excited for you. Natalie and Nathan did so much better in regular school because of their homeschool experience for 3 years!