Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a Difference a Few Days Make

More pictures tonight of our new house! I can't believe what a difference a week has made. We broke ground last Friday and today when we went over to the site we found walls! The foundation is there. The floor has not been laid so it is still gravel but we can already see what it's going to look like which is very exciting. It also kind of scared us how small the basement looked because my mom will be living down there and we don't want her to feel like she's in a small, confined space. But we have seen this house completely finished (including the basement) so we know it's not that small, but right now it's kind of hard to believe! But we are sooo excited- have I mentioned that yet?!?!? So that's the update for this week....more photos of the house next week!


Isnt' it lovely?!?!?!? And they call NKU the concrete jungle!!!!!

This will be the kitchen and the walkout.


This will be the sitting area. Love the decore!

And for good measure-here's some pictures of the kids! We had gorgeous weather this week and they spent a lot of time playing out on the deck. Here they are playing with water, medicine droppers (which the used to squirt each other!) and bubbles! I love spring!

She looks drunk! I swear it was just water in those droppers :)

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

I am so happy for you Kari!!! Congratulations on your beautiful new home! I will be excited to watch the progress! I clicked out on the floor plan and it very well laid out. You guys did a great job in choosing a home.

Megan said...

I looked at the picture of the house you are building and it is dang nice!! That is quite the jump from your condo! I am so happy for you. I bet that is to exciting to watch your house go up. Also, it must be nice to have spring like weather. It has been snowing here the past few days. But, it is supposed to be 75 on Monday. Utah is so wierd!!

Bethany said...

Yay! It's lookin good Kari!!

Diana Taylor said...

Looks great! Yay, will be fun to watch it being built.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Making progress and you'll be living there in no time!