Monday, April 7, 2008



Okay, so I'm a little late today but it is Monday and time for another Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura over at Orgjunkie! If you've never checked this out you should wander over. There are usually close to 200 (sometimes more) people from all over the globe that post what they are eating this week! You can find some great recipes and it helps keep me focused and make sure I'm menu planning (which in turn helps keep the food costs down!) You'll notice that several of my recipes have links to the Kraft Foods website. If you have never tried any of their recipes you should give them a try! They are so good, so fast and so easy. Plus, they often use staples that are already in the pantry! Yeah! So without further ado, here's what we are eating this week!

Monday: quick taco salad This was so good and so easy! The romaine lettuce made it so crispy and tasted so fresh! If you are looking for a quick and easy light supper this is super!!!

Tuesday: Hawaiian Pork roast at mom's house!

Wednesday: oven-baked chicken parmesean, salad

Thursday: golden mushroom pork chops, baked potatoes, green beans

This is a super easy recipe that I do in the slow-cooker. You take boneless pork chops and put them in the slow cooker with a can (or 2 depending on how much gravy you want) of golden mushroom soup. I then layer on some sliced onion and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook it all day and by the time dinner rolls around pop some potatoes in the microwave. Serve the pork chops with potatoes and the soup as gravy. I love to put the gravy on the potato too! YUMMY!!! I also serve it with green beans to round it out! Enjoy!

Friday: sweet and sour chicken stir-fry

Saturday: egg salad sandwiches, fresh fruit salad

Sunday: Stouffer's chicken lasagna, salad

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! Looks like a great menu and a great week! We had Taco Salads last week . . . they're a favorite!

Best,
Sarah

Bloggin' Mama said...

Great menu - I love egg salad!!

Thank you for commenting my blog. I completely agree with you that children are a gift from God and He has the perfect number of children in store for each of us. Children are NOT a burden (no matter what your finances look like) they are to be treasured. Blessings to you and your current and future children!

Diana Taylor said...

This inspired me... I made a meal plan but I didn't end up following it. Oh well Pancakes for dinner is ok instead of Chicken Enchiladas.