Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I'm A Big Boy!

This little guy:


Yeah, this one:


is becoming a very big boy!!

We had Elijah's 6 month well appointment on Friday. He weighed in at a whopping 15.9 pounds and is 27.5 inches long. Basically he's tall and skinny in the 9th percentile for his weight but 64th percentile for his length! And that head? Yup, it's up to 16.9 inches or 15th percentile, up from the 7th 2 months ago. That must be a big brain in there!! He is still one of my smallest kids (Micah was smaller at this age but not by much!) but he's right on the curve he should be on from where he started so the doctors are very pleased with his growth and development.


He is absolutely the joy of my life! As parents you love every child equally, I fully believe that. But I also believe that you love them a little bit differently. As each child's personality is different, the relationship with each child is different. And I think when you get as close to loosing a child as we got to loosing him it changes the dynamic of the relationship. As I hold him and love on him I thank God that he is here. I know I've said it before, but he is just what this family needed! And knowing that he is the last baby makes it all a little more precious and a little more enjoyable!

I mean, just look at that face!
 He is so affectionate, even at 7 months. He gives kisses! He pats your arm and snuggles into your neck while he's sleeping. He reaches out with arms up when he wants to be held. He laughs all the time and is becoming quite a chatterbox! He was telling me a story this morning and he was quite adamant about it! He is a wonderful eater, an amazing sleeper and has the calmest, most chillaxed manner I've ever seen. He loves to play with his toys, especially anything that he can get a noise out of. He is sitting unsupported. He is starting to turn himself when laying on his belly to get closer to something that might be out of his reach. He'll be crawling before we know it (Heaven help me!!) He likes nursery rhymes (This Little Piggie, Pat-A-Cake, To Market to Market are his favorites). And he is so ticklish! I know it's mean but I love to find that spot at the back of his neck and get a good laugh out of him! It absolutely makes my day! He is pure joy, through and through! 

Little monkey butt! I love pants and sleepers with character faces on the butts! They are just so cute!! lol
Enough pictures mom! I'm done!

1 comment:

Gail said...

His little monkey butt is too cute! He's getting so big!