Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Meandering- October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!!
 
So I feel like every time I get inspired to get the blog back up and flowing everything falls apart!! We have had so much illness in this house since I last posted 2 weeks ago. It started with Jonah, then Micah got horribly sick. It's so hard when a 2 year old without an extensive vocabulary is sick! They can't tell you what they need so all of your time is consumed trying to figure out what you can do to help them and make them comfortable. And then, last Sunday it was my turn. I was fine when I woke up but later in the evening I started feeling like I was dying! My head felt like it was going to explode, my throat was on fire and my ear was aching. I knew I was sick when everything started to make me cry! (I get very weepy when I don't feel good-it's weird, I know!!!) I spent all of last week, with few exceptions on the couch. Thank God for NyQuill, DayQuill, Sudafed, Halls and herbal tea! But this nasty cold virus literally kicked my butt all week long! Yesterday was the first day I started actually feeling like my old self! (I woke up wanting coffee instead of tea so that must mean I felt better! lol) I think maybe we got this all out of our house finally! If it wasn't raining, I'd open the windows today to let those yucky germs to a hike!!! Maybe I will if the rain stops for any point of time today, air out every room for a while! But this is a new week, time for another Monday Meandering over at In Light of the Truth.



Bible Study...  I've been rereading the Left Behind series and it's gotten me into end time prophecy so I think I'm gonna try to tackle Revelations and what it says about the second coming of Jesus.

Memory Verse...  Revelation 5:12 (partial): "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches, wisdom and strength, honor and glory and blessing."

Husband Encouragement...
-plan a date night. It's been a few weeks since we've been out together.
-Be the first to kiss him before he leaves for work and the first to kiss him when he gets home.
-Make sure that I'm dressed and looking nice when he walks in the door. He's seen me a lot in my pajamas lately because I was sick! lol

Train Them Up...
* Make tokens and start a token system for TV and computer time. Brianna and Jonah will each get 4 tokens a day (each representing 30 minutes). When their tokens are gone for the day they get no more TV/Computer time. Left over tokens at the end of the day get put in a jar and can be traded in at the end of the week for money (thinking maybe $0.25 per token). Still debating whether we want them to be able to earn more tokens by doing extra things around the house. Got the two hour limit from the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations about screen time for children. All I know is somethings got to change..there is way too much TV/Computer usage going on around here!!
* Family Bible Time: We have really started slacking on this around here so we'll be getting back into a nightly Family Bible time using the kids Bible. We will also have a reading each night from A Picture Book of Saints. We are also working on some new prayers (Come, Holy Spirit and the Evening Prayer)
* Family Night: We haven't had family night for two weeks because of all the sickies floating around. Time to prepare our November lessons/activities. Brianna asks about it every week! She loves Family Night!!

Personal Goals...
- Start eating breakfast. I don't eat breakfast, unless it's on the weekends! Why is that? I grew up eating breakfast. I know how important it is, but I guess I've become a typical adult who equates breakfast with coffee! That needs to change.
- Personal prayer time. I've become a real slacker here also. The boys take a two hour + nap every day. I could be using that time for prayer time but I'm not. Let's see if that can change!!

New Habit of the Month...  Well, my October habit of fully completing a load of laundry before starting another one totally FAILED!!! lol  My habit for November is going to be to get back to using my binder that I made when I was doing FlyLady. My house is starting to fall apart and it's because I'm not FLYing anymore! Time to return to FLYing and using the binder is a crucial part of that! So today I will be getting the binder back in order and getting ready to use it every day!

MUST Do... 
* I went shopping yesterday but forgot to get toilet paper! Ooopps! Gotta do that TODAY!! lol
* Take the kids Trick-or-Treating
* Call Pediatrican and get Jonah's last evaluation form to take to preschool. He can start as soon as I get that to the school.
* Drop off evaluation form and immunization record at the school so Jonah can start preschool. He had an evaluation two weeks ago and we discovered he has some gross and fine motor skill development delays. So he's going to preschool (free through the school system!!) to work on those. The program can last anywhere from 6-8 weeks, or longer if he doesn't make enough progress during that time. 

Zone(s)...Master Bedroom (again!!) Steven did an amazing job this weekend helping me get the house back in shape! The downstairs looks terrific and the kids rooms look pretty good. Our room however, well, anyways! So my zone this week is the Master Bedroom. It will look AMAZING by the end of the week...I am on the war path! lol

Menu -
M - dinner at Steven's grandparents before Trick-or-Treating (chili I think! yum!!)
T - something with chicken, maybe chicken & noodles or chicken and dumplings
W - spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread, salad
Th - vegetable soup or beef stew
F - Jonah will be with Steven's dad and I'm hoping the other two will be with Steven's mom so this will probably be date night!
S - My goal this day is to get the kids rooms completely finished (wall paint touch ups, curtains hung, decorations up) so since we'll be busy we will probably do just sandwiches or pizza.
Su - Mom usually plans on the weekends so I don't know!

FUN THINGS!
* Trick-or-Treating with the kids
* First night of play rehearsals for me on Wednesday. We are doing a show with all the nursery rhymes characters this year. It's gonna be really fun! 
* Date night on Friday.
* Family night with the kids, probably Thursday.

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. That everyone is getting healthy!
2. A husband who is willing to help around the house when I get sick or overwhelmed!!
3. My 8th grade students who are preparing for Confirmation in February. Their curiosity and thirst for knowledge is catching and keeps me on my toes! Please keep them and all students who will be Confirmed this year in your prayers! 

Have a blessed week everyone!!!

No comments: