Monday, November 2, 2009

Update

I realize it's been a while since I have posted what we're doing around here so here's a little (or not) update! (Unfortunately there will be no pictures! I dumped my camera to the computer upstairs last night and the internet is not working on that computer so I cannot get my pics on here! I'll take some tomorrow just to post here for you all!!!)

We're finding ways to stay plenty busy around here. We had a great Halloween! Brianna dressed up like a Perdue University cheerleader (my mom and dad met at Perdue!), Jonah was Spiderman (and we HAD to call him Spiderman! We were NOT allowed to call him Jonah!! HEHEHE!) and Micah was a pea in a pod (we called him our sweet pea!) They looked adorable and got enough candy to last us until Easter! (Especially since I TRY to limit them to two or three pieces a day! Note: I said TRY!!!) After Trick-or-Treating Mom hosted a Halloween party here for some of the students from the program she works with. They came dressed up and we had a great time! The kids had a ball, especially since one of the students brought her two kids over to Trick-or-Treat with them and then stayed for the party!)

Schooling is going well with Brianna. We have done several unit studies. One on "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" reviewing the alphabet and learning about coconuts, one on apples, and one on Halloween. We're getting ready to start one on leaves which should be really fun! After leaves is going to be Thanksgiving! So fun stuff planned in our school room. She's doing really well. She has memorized all of the A and B sight words for the pre-primer and primer levels and writes everything that she can (of course we have to help her with spelling but that's ok!) She really likes doing math! We've done our numbers 1-10, patterns, same and different, basic geometry and sorting. Next we'll be doing lengths (shorter/longer and the numbers 11-20, and number words 1-10.) We are enjoying it, and Jonah even crawls up to the table to join in crafts or cooking activities. We read all the books together for our unit. And sometimes he just colors or works a puzzle. I can't believe that Bri will turn 5 in 17 days! Yikes! I don't feel old enough to have a 5 year old!

Jonah is getting so big! He is fully potty trained (even night trained!) and he did it all in about 3 weeks (including night training!) Just goes to show that when they are ready they will train, and not a minute before! He is such a big boy that sometimes I have to remind myself that he is only 2 (he won't be 3 for another month and a half!) He is starting to talk A LOT more, and make more sense with what he says. I'm going to start doing preschool work with him next year, I think he'll be ready for it! Right now he loves doing puzzles (he can put together a 25 piece puzzle by himself in about 20 minutes!), playing cars, and playing superheros. And guess which one he always has to be?!?!?! Spiderman! He's such a joy and is such a tenderhearted child! I adore his sincere hugs and kisses!

Micah is growing in leaps and bounds! I can't believe he's almost 4 months old! It feels like he's always been here-he just molded so well into our family! I'm so greatful that he is here! I haven't posted his 3 month pictures because....we still haven't gotten them taken! (I know...bad mommy and daddy! The more kids you have the less on top of that stuff you are!!! I'm sorry Micah!!!) Hopefully we can get that done this weekend (I think it's a slow weekend...finally!!!!) But developmentally he is amazing! He is holding his head up like a pro and he wiggles himself all over the place! He literally will turn himself around in circles on the floor or in his bed. He is starting to roll...he gets himself up on his side when he's been on his back. He rolled over from his stomach to his back the other day. I think it was purely an accident though because he hasn't done it again! He's still a little early for that! He is blowing bubbles and cooing and gurgling all the time! He is the happiest, smiliest baby ever! I just love his smiles! They light up his whole face! He's also gotten very chubby which I LOVE!

Steven's staying plenty busy and has had a few days of overtime recently which is nice. We're getting to that time of year again, and even though it makes the days very long, the extra money is always nice! I am staying plenty busy at home with the little guys but I am loving it! There is no where else I'd rather be! I feel so blessed to be able to be a stay at home mommy and I'm so thankful that Steven works so hard so that I can be here for our family while they need me the most! Thanks babe! I love you!

So that's what we've been up to! We're looking forward to enjoying the rest of fall and being with our families in a few weeks for Thanksgiving! Like I said, I'll try to post pics tomorrow since it's been sooo long! See you then!

3 comments:

Who We Are... said...

I LOVE UNIT STUDIES! DOES KY HAVE THE LDS HOMESCHOOL ORGANIZATION? THEY HAVE CONFERENCES HERE EVERY YEAR. I ALWAYS GO AWAY HAVING GOTTEN AMAZING UNIT STUDY IDEAS (AND IDEAS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE! lol). TELL YOUR MOM AND BRO'S I SAID HI.

In Light of the Truth... said...

Wow, Jonah is FULLY potty trained already?! That's fantastic! Eli's still not even close for bedtime (has a FUUULLL/sometimes leaking pull-up every morning.) but naptime is getting closer (it's sometimes still dry when he wakes up). But I definitely agree that when they're ready, it happens. I'm still very pleased with how smoothly it went for him considering he's soooo resistant to change! Now for Hannah...

The Fischer Family said...

Stacey, I'm not sure if there is an LDS homeschool conference here or not. There aren't as many homeschooling LDS families here as there are out west! But I'll check that out!

Sarah, I was so surprised how quickly he potty trained! It was so much easier than his sister! Eli's still pretty young-he'll get there!