Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I had a break in the action where nothing needed to be prepared right now so I thought I'd jump on and send out a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This is one of my favorite holidays! It is full of so many traditions for us (like yummy cinnamon rolls this morning) and right now, we're watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and I'm smelling turkey. Yummy!

We're going to have a full house with us, Michael (Chris got stuck in D.C. We miss you Chris!!!!), Michael's friend, Blaire, and our neighbors Nelissa and Orlie and their two sons. Nelissa and Orlie are from the Phillapines. They've been here for three years and they've never had a real American Thanksgiving, so we're excited to share this with them. I'll be interested to see what they think of the food- they don't eat turkey in the Phillapines, and I doubt green bean casserole is on the menu very often either :P

Today I am thankful for so many things! I am thankful to live in a country where we can live and worship as we choose. I am thankful for such an amazing family! I am blessed with such a wonderful husband, and three fantastic kids. I am thankful for my mom. For everything that she does for our family, even to the point where she's willing to live in the craziness of three young kids again! I know it's not always easy but I know she loves it, and we love having her with us. I'm especially thankful this year that we have our home and that Steven and mom have been able to keep their jobs through all the economic downturn. And I'm thankful for all my friends and family that I've been able to reconnect with (and meet) this year because of the wonderful internet. I hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving! I know I'm gonna eat myself silly (and love EVERY minute of it!!!!)

To leave you with a picture...Brianna and her first sweet potatoe casserole. She was so proud of herself!!!!

No comments: