Tuesday, May 7, 2013

More Scrapbooking

I have been scrapbooking for over 14 years now. I still love it! I shared some pages with you a while ago that I created at a Crop For CareNet. Over at one of my favorite scrapbooking sites Two Peas In A Bucket I joined in on a challenge for the month of May. It's a faux Layout A Day, or LOAD challenge. Basically how it works is that the woman who coordinated the challenge creates a thread in the forum every day with a prompt for the day. It might be a sketch challenge. It might be a technique challenge. It might be a topic challenge. Then you have that day to create a project and post it to the forum. We are on day 7 of the challenge and I've been able to scrap most of the days (except for last Friday, I was so busy getting ready for the baby shower, and Sunday, I was just exhausted!) Yesterday I created 2 layouts (LOs). I have found this challenge has been great for me! I've been able to get really motivated by the daily challenges and I'm putting out some of my best work in a long time! I thought I'd share with you some of my favorites!

This first LO was a 2 page spread that was made for a challenge called Old vs New. We had to choose from a list of new "trendy" items (I chose arrows) and older items (I chose flat stickers). I love how this 2 page LO turned out!

 
 

This next 2 pager was for a National Scrapbook Day (NSD) challenge. The challenge was "Focus on the Photos" and we had to use photo related items on our pages. So I chose photo corners, a camera and Polaroid frames. I thought the stripes going down the paper had a very "film strip" feel to it also. 
 
 
 
This page was made for the "Sketch It Baby" challenge. We were given a 2 page LO sketch and were challenged to make it our own. I chose to use just the left side of the sketch as I needed a 1 page LO to go opposite of a page I had done about the boys. I decided to use papers from the same kit that I had made the other page with so that it would tie in together, but still have it's own look. I love it! 

 

This final page was made for 2 challenges. One was a Cinco De Mayo challenge to use either 5 photos, 5 papers or 5 embellishments on a page. I also used the colors from another NSD challenge: Member Based Color Combo of grass green, navy blue, lemon yellow and soft grey. It's a color combination I don't that I would have ever used but I LOVE how this page turned out. It's my favorite in a while!
 

So that's how I'm trying to get my craft on! If you need some crafting inspiration I highly recommend you check out Two Peas if you've never been there before. It is a wealth of information and a lot of fun! (Oh and I did I mention you can shop there too!??! FUN!!!) And if you come by look me up, my screen name is NKUMomma. Happy crafting!

No comments: