Thursday, March 12, 2009

News from Babyland

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since my last post! I'm really getting bad! But yesterday and today we had some doctor's appointments so I wanted to give everyone an update. I had to go in yesterday because I had been cramping for several days (which this early in the game is usually a sign of premature contractions), and then yesterday I started bleeding, so we went in just to check everything out. They said everything appeared to be ok, but the doc ordered my ultrasound to be moved to today instead of two weeks from now. Baby looked great. The heartbeat is nice and strong. It is breech, which is not unusual at this stage in the game (I am 21 weeks today.) but I do have some placenta pervia (meaning that my placenta is covering my cervix) which could explain the bleeding. This could also mean that we could be looking at a c-section if the placenta doesn't move between now and d-day! I've never had one of those, so that would definately be a new experience..and I don't know if I'm looking forward to that recovery so let's keep our fingers crossed!

We decided when we went in that we would find out what we were having if we could see it. You know, sometimes those babies just won't cooperate, but we thought "well, if God wants us to know, the baby will be in the right position for us to see." And boy was it ever in the right position for us to see! But, we're taking a poll. Looking at the picture what do you think it is...a boy or a girl????

4 comments:

Family of Four and Growing said...

God does have a sense of humor :) Thanks for the laugh and congratulations.

Carrie said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I had the same problem with Ryan. Fortunately it moved. If it is only slight then it should move for you. Congrats....

KWG34 said...

Oh that definitely looks like a BOY!! =)

Sarah said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Looks like another BOY!!!

Best,
Sarah